BTS’ achievements just keep on pouring like a rain of blessings for these K-Pop superstars.
The Bangtan Boy’s newest album “Map of the Soul: Persona” has become the group’s third no. 1 album entering the Billboard 200 chart in less than a year. Based on the analysis of Nielsen Music, the BTS’ album that was released almost two weeks ago starts with 230,000 equivalent album units earned in the U.S. in the week ending April 19. And 196,000 of these data were in album sales, which is considered as another career-high week for RM, Jin, Suga, J-Hope, Jimin, V and Jungkook.
According to Billboard, its 200 chart ranks the most popular albums of the week in the U.S. based on multi-metric consumption as measured in equivalent album units. Units are comprised of traditional album sales, track equivalent albums (TEA) and streaming equivalent albums (SEA).
Billboard has also provided readers with an overview of BTS’ milestones courtesy of their latest album. Here’s a quick rundown:
- Third No. 1 album in less than 11 months
- First group since the Beatles to earn three no. 1s in less than a year
- Fastest accumulation of no. 1 albums by a group since the Monkees in 1967
- The fourth mostly non-English album at no. 1 in the past year
- BTS’ biggest week ever, fourth-largest week of 2019
Check out this link to read the full article.