Majority of K-Pop groups are known to have assigned leaders coming from among the members themselves. According to Koreaboo, the leader is usually chosen based on either of these two qualities: 1) being the eldest of the group; or, 2) with the most training experience. However, there are also instances when the leader is chose from the middle of the group’s age bracket, to act as the bridge between the older and younger members.
- The Best Male Leaders In K-pop Right Now (via Ranker)
- The Best K-Pop Leaders (via KpopJoe)
- Tough But Rewarding: What It Takes To Be A K-Pop Leader (via Soompi)
- Best Leaders of K-POP Groups (via The Top Tens)
- What is a leader in K-Pop? (via Seoul Beats)
Bonus: (If you want to know is you have what it takes to be a K-Pop group leader, check out this quiz: What is your KPop leader personality?)